Tuesday 17 February 2009

Obama series...

Another in our Obama letters/prose/poems series...

I Wanna Obama

I wanna Obama
I know that it is wrong
He belongs to another
People say he is too young for me
That he’ll work all the time
And that he would find out soon enough that
I didn’t even vote for him.

And Stephen would be so pissed off
I know that Jack would tell me that I just being an old fool
Bob? Actually Bob wants him too, but can’t say so
The Liberals would be very mad at him then

But you know what?
I don’t care what any of you think!
Or even if later you will all say
“See, he’s not turned out to the man you thought he was”
Just now
And I feel this very deeply
I wanna Obama
Really I do

Forest Arbizu
Belfry Theatre, November 23, 2008

Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves♦ ♦Stumble ThisRedditSlashdot it

No comments: