1 : limits to how much stuff each group who use SLLU as a hub place - perhaps a limit to prims and talk about "reasonable" size etc/limit amount of promo material for other groups – Unity had limited prims…
Real life affiliations wall will allow for this to some respect. That is to be one prim for an org/party. This will of course be able to house an inventory which can be dispensed.
Weekly meetings to ensure there is balance in groups represented. Some voiced concerns over “Vanity groups” like thoise controlled by Genjcchristian Homewood,
Concerns: What constitutes a “group” in SL – some are controlled by one person… some by a few individuals… some are as democratic as SL conditions allow.
Reminder of SLLU charter/Aims and Principles
Suggested: groups should show some sort of democracy eg group shared land/ members notice enabled etc – if in doubt join the group - see if you have notices perms/ land is group owned.
2: Update on RL affiliations wall
Smoke Wijaya: yep, did not make it yet ...
[14:45] Plot Tracer: kk - when do u think you would be ready to start?
[14:45] Smoke Wijaya: but will send out a notice to ask if people who would want their Rl affiliation on there to send to me and someone else so we can discuss them on the next meeting?
[14:45] Smoke Wijaya: I can make the wall tomorrow
[14:48] Plot Tracer: yes - cool. you will be able to have something with the rl group/orgs insignia... and an inventory then?
[14:48] Smoke Wijaya: the prim can have inventory
[14:48] Smoke Wijaya: and there texture on it
[14:49] Plot Tracer: sounds great. where will you build it?
[14:49] Smoke Wijaya: I think we decided on the second floor, or first .. the one above this one .. but I think it would be better at the lowerfloor, but that is another point on the agenda, point 4
[14:49] Smoke Wijaya: yeah, I thinkwould be good to have down here
3: winding down the current feminist exhibition - set an end date. Downstairs in the hub needs to be cleared for a dancefloor for the party. There are two more exhibitions lined up - one from a rl art gallery in new york... (Plot to follow these up). Also Tooter Claxton is working on something for union island - and this was to be mirrored here. (Plot to follow this up as well)
Suggestions that instead of “winding down” it is moved to the parcel in Flagg of the feminist network – though, this is up to the Feminist Network.
It was suggested that the exhibition be cleared for Wednesday 4th February in order for the space to be cleared in time for the party on 7th. And dancefloors and lights/ dance poseballs to be placed.
4: the downstairs floor in the hub to be used for SLLU and info around it? Teleporters to other places/notecsard dispensers etc.
Suggested: Promo space in the hub for the feminist space.
notecard dispensers about sllu/ sllu feminist network/ history of sllu etc etc
SLLU exhinbition space would move upstairs.
Bottom floor to be for the notecard dispensers/ teleporters etc - and keep for live music venue.
5: Dance pose balls for the SLLU birthday party on 7th Feb. (VLB and Russell Epobnym have been booked so far – details are on Events)
Jasmine Hancroft to help with with dance balls or stuff for party.
Smoke Wijaya to supply dancefloor, poseballs and lights.
[15:09] Plot Tracer: can u supply some poseballs and a dance floor?
6: Obama letter request – Zoe Parness to report back
Sorry I can't be at the meeting ... have another event i promised to attend
This was not a *huge* sucess
So far I know of only six contributions (and one of these was mine )
Oh well .... nevermind
I did contact most of the pro-Obama groups in SL so hopefully it has raised the profile of SLLU with people who may possibly be interested in joining.
Anyone want a second-hand post box?
[15:10] Smoke Wijaya: only 6? thats not bad
[15:10] Smoke Wijaya: jesus
[15:10] Smoke Wijaya: Zoe never tried to organise something in SL I think ... lol
[15:11] Plot Tracer: i can add to that - we have had 10 contributions - which is not bad. one of the contributions was from the UK TUC
[15:11] Smoke Wijaya: thats not bad at all
[15:11] Jamadagni Lefavre: give it time
[15:11] Plot Tracer: indeed
[15:11] Smoke Wijaya: man, I wish I had that every time I ask for contributions
[15:11] Jamadagni Lefavre: organizing in sl is slow
[15:11] Plot Tracer: yes
[15:12] Plot Tracer: i reckon by the end of the week we will have more - i would say we can expect about 20 - all of which should go on the website www.slleftunity.com
7: Freebie shop - people can donate things to the freebie shop - it has a lot of stuff - but it can always do with more!
Suggestions: Plot to promote with notices/ims calling for materials.
Anango Magic to supply some stuff.
Jamadagni Lefavre gave: Temporary Autonomous Zones – Plot will place this later in the week.
8: Who can facilitate next weeks meeting?
Plot to compile agenda from the suggestions of comrades thoughout the week. Smoke to facilitate. Meeting will be on Sunday at 2pm SLT.
9 : Update on Abel’s, Ernests and Sol’s articles on their view/ their groups view on Palestine. These are to be subimitted to Plot so he can place them all on the www.slleftunity.com website at the same time.
Abel and Ernest have submitted articles and Sol will forward one to Plot. Bugme Diavolo has
[15:22] Smoke Wijaya: well..I think we would welcome any articles of members on Palestine .. but the Ernest/Abel?sol thing has also a bit history to it...
stipulation that no-one attacks other people in their pieces for the blog.
10: Support for pro-Palestinian groups in SL. - in particular what would be positive things to do within these groups to support the Palestinian cause - and remain comradely and united.
Suggestions- use of the blogspace
No further suggestions were made.
Smoke said he would look into the teleporters in unity Station and make them more “logical”
While meeting was going on, Maximillion Kleene confirmed he will play at the Birthday party.
Booked so far – Russell Eponym, Virtual Live Band, Maximillion Kleene, Wildo Hoffman
Wednesday, 21 January 2009